Netflix Be Friend

If you are a Netflix Member click here: Add me as a friend!

My Film Reviews & Lists

To use the Netflix widget click on the right hand arrow and get a snapshot of my recent reviews. Or click on the menu to see a few lists. For more complete reviews and lists check out my 'Netflix Profile' (link is in my profile).

Netflix New Releases

Netflix New Releases

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The GamePlan (2007)

This is a must see family film! Disney has a successful formula for these though guy turned softy family films. While it was a formula tried in The Pacifier (2005), Vin Diesel did not have nearly the convincing performance that Dwayne Johnson (the Rock) had here in The GamePlan. I was very pleasantly surprised, that he could carry the roll so well. I thought he was even more authentic as the sensitive father than the arrogant self centered guy Joe Kingman started out to be. Yes there are a few cheep laughs but it is part of the process. In the end this becomes a very touching father daughter story. A predicable inspirational ending actually brought a tear to my eye (yes I am a softy). The daughter is played by the adorable and seasoned (well beyond her years) young actress, Madison Pettis. Innocent but assumptive, she wants a spot in her dad’s heart and she makes a space where there wasn’t one. Kyra Sedgwick plays the single-minded focused money motivated agent for Joe while Roselyn Sanchez (a ballet instructor) counterbalances the self centered focus with a voice of reason and pushes him to be a part of his daughters life. All the pieces fit together nicely. Even the foot ball team provides great comedic relief. This is a must see. Hope this is helpful!

No comments: